Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas tree bokeh.



Enjoying the lights twinkling throughout the house :)

For the picture above I set my lens on manual focus and blurred it to the desired effect, so pretty!

Then I made my own heart filter-
I took a piece of black constriction paper,
traced and cut out a circle from the end of my 60mm fixed lens,
(a 50mm or any fixed lens should work fine too),
punched out a heart shape out of the middle
and then taped the paper onto the end of my lens.





Put your lens on manual focus to play with the blur effect...



Something fun to try before the tree goes down!

8 comments:

juli (sweetpz) said...

so very neat!
Happy Holidays to you!
hugs
juli

Morgan Paige said...

love this! going to try it now!
my parents got me the shutterbug necklace for christmas & i LOVE it.
merry christmas :)

emily hope said...

determined to try this :)

Celeste said...

I did this the other night ... lots of fun!

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. Thanks to you I finally have achieved real bokeh. I love your jewelry. Thank You!

Kate @ BigGirl + LittleGirl said...

So fun!! What eye-candy for my morning - thank you :)

Jess Elyse said...

That is very cool!
Definitely going to try that!
:-)

BonAndChi said...

so pretty! X3
shall give it a try sometime~