Monday, May 24, 2010

NYC

Ryan and I snuck away this weekend...

we flew first class for the first time for both of us,

and we had a BLAST in New York City...




We stayed a block away from Times Square

and we saw The Lion King

on Broadway- it was amazing!



We took taxis (which Oklahoma does not have many of!)
{snuck in a business meeting}
walked through SOHO
Little Italy
Chinatown


walked down Wall Street
sat in the Trinity Church
got lost
rode the Subway
checked the maps (iphones came in very handy)



slept in late
climbed to the top of the Empire State Building
rode bikes through Central Park
shopped
ate NY style pizza and shared a canoli



We soaked it in
had alot of fun
got lost in the hustle and bustle
and realized -

we are not big city folk at heart :)

But it was fun for a weekend!

Thanks for a fabulous belated birthday gift Ryan!

16 comments:

Taren said...

Sounds like you had alot of fun. Great photos. I would love to visit NYC but being in Australia it could be a little to expensive.

Mrs Anne said...

how fun is that!?
i love the pics... and no doubt it was a refresher for you guys!
one of my goals is to see NYC!
(i want to go to GMA too!)

:)

Jamie said...

Great pictures, you did awesome capturing NYC. I do love getting there for a weekend, but I agree I couldn't live there. Glad you had fun!

Two Little Tots said...

so much fun! happy to hear you had a great weekend and enjoyed the city!

MommaSkye said...

Sounds like fun.Can't wait till my baby is bigger and better so the hubby and I can have weekend getaways.
Love love love your pictures!!

Trish said...

I just got back from NYC too!!!! We had a great time and the weather was awesome. We took the horse drawn carriage ride around Central Park, headed to Time Square, China Town & ate at Bubba Gump's....it was an AMAZING weekend for us too!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

chad and i hope to do the same someday soon. so good to get away, and so much better to get back home :o)

jillyellow said...

I love NYC... Makes me want to plan a trip soon!

SM Anderson said...

Good for you. I am glad you got a little fun vacation between Mother's Day and Father's day Craze. You deserve it! Looks like you had a great time.

Celeste said...

Looks/sounds like a ton of fun! I haven't been to NYC in 12 years...

So great that you & Ryan were able to enjoy this time together :)

Decorchick! said...

What a nice birthday gift!! Great pictures. I love NY and can't wait to go back.

Kenzie said...

NO way! I'm going there in a couple of days!! I have never been anywhere like that before and I am so excited!!! Were going to see Wicked on Broadway. I AM SO EXCITED!!! I bet you had so much fun!!! :)

Unknown said...

How fun! You took some beautiful photos!

Amy K said...

It looks like an amazing weekend! TFS your photos.

Love said...

glad you had this time away! we enjoyed our time there and came to the same conclusion! =)

meg duerksen said...

this looks like the BESt time.
i would love to do all of that.
with my hubby!
dreamy.