Thursday, February 18, 2010

so we went.

We played hookie.

We woke up and headed to OKC.

Unfortunatley I forgot my camera AND a stroller. So we stopped at a walmart and bought a cheap umbreall stroller, but have no pictures of our day :(

Had a BLAST at the Omniplex. We pushed every button in the place, rode the tallest spiral slide in the US, played drums, watched explosions, made a flood, rode an earthquake, flew paper airplanes, raced cars... if you live near OKC I highly suggest it!

Then we picked some bricks at the Lego store.

I even managed to sneak-y buy something from the Lego store for Jonah's birthday next week.

I took a few sunset in my rearview mirror pics with my phone as we drove home...





It was a good day :)

10 comments:

PeaceLoveApplesauce said...

Oh, sounds like a wonderful time!
Don't you just hate to forget the camera? At least you'll always have the memories in your heart!

Linda @ My Trendy Tykes said...

Wow, that does sound like fun!

abby @ tales and trials said...

Oh the omniplex!!!!! We used to go on field trips ther every year. I'll have to take our boys there next time we are home for a visit.

Stephanie said...

I love playing hookey!!! I don't ever get a chance to do that...we used too...but that was then...now we are adults..well...older adults...who work different shifts...and never see eachother...THATS IT...WE ARE PLAYING HOOKEY!

Susan said...

it sounds lovely, indeed.

i am finding more and more lately that i enjoy our family outings more and more when i forget my camera. there is just something about really being there and being present - without thinking about how good a picture of something is or about how to stand in just the right place to get a great shot of your kid having a great time creating a flood and simply creating the flood right there along with him - that really is amazing. go figure, right??? i have been intentionally forgetting my camera lately to many events. while my family and friends have missed the updates on our family blog, i have been really breathing in all that is my family :)

HG said...

Glad you guys had fun!! That slide is a killer! I took my 2-year-old daughter up and down 3 times... The next day my thighs hurt so bad I could barely walk! haha. When it gets warmer you guys will have to come back and visit the zoo. Their new kids area is supposed to open this spring I think!

Jen said...

I love the Omniplex and so did my boys when we lived there! And if we'd had the same day, there and Penn Square for the Lego Store, it would be a day in Heaven for them! Glad you had a great day.

Katy~The Country Blossom said...

So glad you guys had such a fun time!!! :)

gina said...

It's sounds like a WONDERFUL day- sometimes it's a blessing to be sans camera- you find yourself more IN the moment than observing it behind the lens. :)

Messy Mommy said...

Ugh I hate when I forget the stroller! I just leave one in my van at all times now.