Tuesday, August 4, 2009

kindergarten or bust.

After an interview and a screening test today, the kindergarten teachers agree with me- Tessa is ready for K5 even though she doesn't turn 5 until October. So we ran out tonight to the mall to buy her uniform clothes (and a cookie)- sooooo fun!


...(today she wore her hair "just like grandma d" )...

She had a blast trying them all on when we got home, and when Ryan saw her he almost teared up... he's having such a hard time with his little girl going off to school next week.

But oh man, does she look adorable in her jumpers, knee highs and mary janes!!!

This little stinker went with us...

During backpack/lunchbox shopping at Target, Eden kept throwing things out of the cart and then would look over the edge and say "uh-ohhhhh".

Stinker.

So it will be just Eden and I home during the school days this year.

The boys are both playing football (Ryan is coaching Jonah's 1st/2nd grade team), and Jonah and Tessa are playing soccer. I'm hoping to coach Tessa's soccer team (fingers and toes are crossed!)

Gonna be a great year :)



The randomly picked winner of the Jump Start 3 month membership is: Shana Anderson, who said "Thanks for the info. I am always looking for fun educational things for my boys.
Shana"

Email me Shana! Your boys will love it!

15 comments:

Lo said...

bittersweet moment for sure.

Congrats winner!!

Mrs Anne said...

what a BIG year it's gonna be for her! :)

no doubt it may be harder on you than her... :(

but you have that little peanut at home to enjoy :)

xo

Anonymous said...

Precious - gorgeous girls growing up so quickly.
Love your blog - Suzi

TaDa! Creations said...

How fun! What a year this will be. I bet Eden will love all the extra undivided attention.

Congrats Shana! :)

Anonymous said...

I love it when people stay STINKER! My dad used to call me that...sometimes still does...but more often he calls my little Tessa it and it just melts my heart!

Chele said...

Awe! It's amazing how fast they grow up isn't it?! Beautiful post!

Lee Anne said...

She's going to love it! How exciting. But, let's not talk about school quite yet..ok? This teacher wants to live in denial a little longer.

Polka Dot Moon said...

So exciting for her I'm sure, for us parents is so bittersweet. They just grow up too quick!

Amanda said...

How exciting!! What a smart girl!!

My Trendy Tykes said...

School? Already!! WOW, such a big girl.

kaydensgracedesigns said...

Awww poor Daddy :0) I LOVE all your posts lately girl! You have to post pics of Tessa on her 1st day :)Tabitha

Erin Burns said...

It's funny...the first time I saw your current blog header...the first thing I thought was "Oh Eden! Such a STINKER. Classic 4th child." (I'm one of 4 too and LOVE it!)

Tessa, congrats on KINDERGARTEN! I'm sure you're gonna love it. Can't wait to see pics of you in your Mary Janes. (I heart Mary Janes =)

Celeste said...

Oh Tessa! :) You will do GREAT in kindergarten this year! I'm the teacher aide for a Kindergarten class, and the kids wear uniforms too :) I'll be thinking of you this school year!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Your girls are SO cute!! That looks like Woodland Hills Mall...that place has changed so much over the years! :)

gina said...

oh, I LOVED when my girls went to a school where they wore uniforms- NOTHING is cuter than a jumper, knee socks, and mary janes. Hope the biday went wonderfully!