Thursday, February 5, 2009

tape fixes all...

Yesterday was our 9 year anniversary!

I was upstairs with the girls playing when the doorbell rang. We opened the door to find these beautiful roses on the doorstep...



Aren't they pretty?



Tessa loves them, she thought it was a great surprise :)

So the boys came home after school and I finally got to take my shower (nothing says "stay at home Mom" more than a 4 o'clock shower!)

As I'm getting ready for our anniversary date I noticed the flowers had been messed with, and as I looked closer I see this... (see the arrow?)



That's scotch tape.

Someone broke a flower. Then tried to tape it back together.

I'm going to guess it was a team effort :)

*sigh*

Happy Anniversary Ryan!

Here's to many more years of scotch taped flowers :)

14 comments:

Kelley said...

That is the sweetest story:) Can you just imagine the conversation?

Julie said...

Ah, congrats! Mine 9 year is in June - they just keep getting better don't they?

Kim Davis said...

That is adorably sweet! Can't you just hear the discussion of how best to fix the situation before you got out of the shower? lol

Jennifer said...

That is such a funny story. At least they tried!

Angela Yosten said...

Happy Anniversary! belated...

gina said...

That scotch taped flower makes me want to cry- it's such a sweet symbol of a couple whose love is made stronger by raising their family.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Happy Anniversary Erin! :)

Beautiful roses. Even taped up. haha!

Feel free to call me any time you want to talk for hours. or even a few minutes. ;-)

.jimaie.marie. said...

LOL!! that is so adorable, did you call em on it? :D I dont think i could have...it's so precious that they tried to "fix" it for you, teehee!!!

Mrs. H said...

Too sweet and too cute! At least they tried to fix their mistake... :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats!

amelia said...

Congratulations on 9 years!!!!!!!

The necklace arrived and I wore it to work yesterday... it was a huge hit. You're the bestest!!

xo~Amelia

Allison said...

Aw, that's sweet! Happy Anniversary! We will have 10 years under our belt this August. Time sure flies!

Kacey said...

Happy Anniversary!! Our 8th was on 2/3!! I've got a vase of roses sitting on the table...going to check to see if any are broken! LOL

Kacey

My Daily Circus said...

congrats! we have our anniversary next week-9yrs as well! Gotta love a little love in scotch tape form! lol